(Comprehensive information, pricing, policies, procedures, etc, on all Loudoun Field Center Facilities and Rental information. For education/homeschool programs, check out the Guild Page.)
Welcome to the Loudoun Field Center (Formerly: Freedom Center!)
Our gorgeous retreat! One of Loudoun’s best kept secrets, the LFC is tucked in the Catoctin Mountains, just one hour outside of Washington, DC. Exhale as you enter 100 beautifully wooded acres, ready to explore. We have many amenities and activities including Mountain Bike and Hiking Trails, Disc Golf Courses, Team building Obstacles, a Picturesque Lake for fishing or canoeing, Picnic Areas, Meeting Spaces, Lodges, and God’s beautiful creation each way you turn.
Our vision is to be a Christ-centered and family-friendly resource for youth and families in the Northern Virginia region, as well as any group that wants to get away and connect with each other, disconnect from the daily grind, and grow. We host many types of gatherings ranging from Youth Retreats, Leadership Retreats, Camps, Fitness Retreats, Field Trips, Nature Walks, Picnics, Corporate Events, and more.
Whether you’re looking for a space to rent for your program, an educational opportunity for your child or grandchild, or you’d like customized programming and planning for your group, the Loudoun Field Center has qualified staff ready to make your experience meaningful and memorable.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at info@FreedomCenter.us or at 703-777-3505.
Chapel: The Chapel has an open floor plan, a large kitchen, and two bathrooms. There are chairs and tables available for seating 100 people. Each group is responsible for the set-up of chairs and tables to meet their need. All items must be returned to their original position at the end of the vent. Set-up and tear-down support is available for $100.
Hutchinson Lodge: The lodge sleeps a maximum of 30 people in bunk beds. The sleeping areas are divided into two, each with two showers, two sinks and two toilets. This configuration is useful for groups comprised of male and female attendees. A separate bedroom with a for a leader/counselor room. There is a kitchenette with a full-size refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven and a few pieces of cookware and cooking utensils.
Liberty Lodge: This lodge sleeps a total of 30 people in bunk beds. There are five different bedrooms that can accommodate from 2 persons (in the smallest bedroom) up to 10 persons in a suite with a private bathroom. The other bedrooms share two baths. There is a large common area, and a complete kitchen consisting of a stove/oven combination, a full-size refrigerator, a microwave, and some pots and pans.
Wilderness Lodge: A more modern interior renovation, this lodge sleeps a total of 30 people in bunk beds in two bunk rooms. This building has spacious bunk room and upgraded bathroom facilities. There is a small common area, and no kitchen.
Leadership Cabin: A one room cabin with queen bed, kitchen, bathroom, and laundry. The cabin includes a desk and conference table for leadership meetings. The cabin can be outfitted with bunk beds for larger groups.
The Freedom House: Recently remolded the Freedom House features a modern kitchen, three standard bedrooms, and a master bedroom/bath. A spacious Livingroom includes two sets of couches and love seats. Typically, set-up with two bunk rooms and two queen bed rooms to sleep two couples and four individuals in bunks, this is perfect for leadership retreats. The configuration often changes, so let us know what your needs are.
Covered Deck: This 30’ x 30’ covered deck sits between the Chapel and the Hutchinson lodge. It has become “Camp Central” for our retreats. A place to gather day or night, out of the sun and rain for gatherings, eating, or fellowship.
Campgrounds: Several beautiful tent camping sites are available to set up tents around the property. Options are Lakeside, Wooded, or Open Field. Use of bathroom building with separate male/female toilets, sinks, and showers are included.
Pavilions: Two outdoor pavilions are available for small gatherings or break-out sessions. One is located near the Wilderness Lodge. The other is lakeside opposite the lakeside recreational area near the Tee for hole #l3 of the Clarke’s Run disc golf course.
Hiking and Mountain Biking courses
The Freedom Center has miles of recreational trails throughout the 100 acres of wooded property. The trails, show on the map, include the Red parameter trail along with the Wilderness Blue, Yellow, and Purple Trails. Trails are marked with color rectangles on the trees that line the Trail.
Scatterville Disk Golf Course
Created by the LoCo Disc Golf Club, the Scatterville course offers a 9-hole short course for families, youth, competition warm-up, and practice. The course is available to the public when events are not in progress.
Clarke’s Run Disc Golf Course
Clarke’s Run Disc Golf Course is a Virginia’s top rated competitive championship-level 18- hole disc golf course. Created by the Loudoun Country Disc Golf Club (www.locodiscgolf.com), the Clarke’s Run offers a course through 50 acres of beautiful woodland and challenging holes. The course is available free to Loco Disc Club members. It is available to the public when events are not in progress.
Other Facilities: Other facilities may be available. Please contact us if you have needs not met by the facilities listed.
Lodges (each sleeps 30 people in 15 bunks)
- $38 per person per night
- $600 per night minimum
- $100 cleaning fee
- Two-night minimum July – October
Leader Cabin (Queen bed, kitchen, bath)
- $200 per night for two people
- $50 cleaning fee
- $300 per day
- $100 per hour
- $100 cleaning fee
- Sports field: $10 per person per night
- Lakeside: $15 per person per night
- $250 per night minimum
- $15 per adult
- $10 children 10-18 years old
- $5 children 9 years old and younger.
- $250 for two hours
- Lifeguards recommended (we can coordinate or group can provide)
Boats (Canoes, kayaks, rowboat)
- $10 per hour per boat
- Life jackets provided and required
- Group responsible for safety
Outdoor tent (50’x80’ on sports field)
- $400 per day
- Seasonal offering, check for availbility.
Recreation facility reservations for exclusive use
- 18-hole disc golf: $200/hour + $5 per person per round
- 9-hole disc golf: $100/hour + $5 per person per round
- Basketball court: $50/hour
- Volleyball court: $50/hour
- Fire pits (each): $25/hour
- Sports field: $50/hour $150/day
- Inquire for availability and pricing
Reservation Policies and Procedures
A 50% deposit is required to confirm reservations. Deposits are non-refundable. Payment of the deposit is agreement with the Loudoun Field Center’s policies, procedures, and agenda. If a group cancels a reservation at least 30 days before the event but reschedules an event to occur within three (3) months of the original date with a total price of 80% of the original booking, the deposit will be applied to the rescheduled event.
The final number of participants should be confirmed two weeks before your event date, and remaining balance for those attendees paid. This amount is non-refundable. If more attendees come than planned, please bring remaining balance with you, due at check-in. Your group will be charged at the minimum for the number reserved for overnight accommodations regardless of how many attend and /or leave before your event is over.
LFC reserves the right to cancel any reservation due to natural disasters (fires, floods), extreme weather conditions (icy roads) or mechanical failures (heating, water/sewer, plumbing). LFC will make every attempt to reschedule the cancelled event for the next available date. If such a decision is made, your deposit and remaining balance will be applied to an event at our facility at a later date. Your group can elect to have your deposit and remaining balance refunded if rescheduling to a later date is not possible.
If a group/family/individual elects to cancel a confirmed reservation, it is important for the leader/coordinator to contact LFC as early as possible so that the facility can be made available to others.
LFC cannot guarantee space, overnight accommodations for additional participants who show up the day of an event. If additional participants arrive that were not previously accounted for, and LFC can accommodate them, payment for their overnight stay must be made upon arrival by cash or MasterCard, VISA, or Discover credit cards via PayPal only.
The organization or group making the reservations with LFC shall be held financially responsible and liable for any damages to the property, furniture, equipment, or buildings.
Check In/ Check Out
- Check In: Before 8:00pm.
- Check out: 3pm unless otherwise arranged.
Upon Arrival: The group leader must check in with the LFC staff prior to the group’s entry to the meeting or sleeping lodges. The leader and LFC staff will conduct a brief inspection and orientation of the reserved facilities.
For Departure: The group leader should inspect all rooms for damage or forgotten items. To check-out, the group leader and a staff member re-inspect the facilities prior to the departure of the group. Costs to repair or replace any damaged items, property, equipment, or furniture will be charged to the organization.
All indoor areas used by the group must be returned in original condition before checkout. Furniture should be returned to original positions, trash placed in proper receptacles, and floors clear of refuse and personal items. All kitchen areas and appliances organized and wiped down, cooking and eating utensils cleaned and stored, refrigerators emptied and wiped down, and equipment stored in original positions. All outdoor and recreational facilities used should be returned to their original condition. Additional cleaning fees may be applied if condition of facilities warrant.
Each guest should bring his/her personal items, towel, washcloth, pillow, twin bed sheets and blanket (or sleeping bag if preferred).
Each group is responsible for bringing their own plates, cups, and silverware.
Toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags, and cleaning supplies are supplied by the LFC. Facilities are stocked before arrival, if additional supplies are needed, please contact our staff.
Several groups may be on the property at the same time. Please check with our staff to reserve the pavilion, play area or sports areas. Unless reserved, all faculties are on a shared first-come-first serve basis. Reservations for exclusive use are available, please contact our staff and see our pricing information.
If you use a picnic area, please be sure to place all trash in the waste receptacles near the site.
Lake: There is no lifeguard on duty at the lake. Any activities, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, are at your own risk. Fishing is allowed in the lake. Bring your own fishing gear and bait. Catch and release is in effect.
Every person in a canoe or kayak, or swimming must wear a personal flotation device. Anyone observed not cooperating with this rule will be restricted from this activity.
General Rules (Group leader should copy and distribute a copy of this to each participant.)
- Food and drinks are allowed only in the meeting areas, dining hall or outdoors. Please do not take food or drinks into the bedrooms.
- Please park in the designated parking areas.
- Smoking is not allowed in any building and is strongly discouraged on the property.
- Consumption, possession and/or distribution of any alcoholic beverages, illegal smoking products or drugs are strictly prohibited. Any guest found to be in violation of this rule will be escorted from the property with no refund of fees, and the local authorities will be notified as appropriate.
- LFC boundaries are clearly marked with paint or tape on trees. Please do not trespass on other’s property.
- No furniture or equipment may be removed from their designated areas or from the property. Mattresses must remain on the bunk frames.
- Please do not tamper with, remove, or disable smoke detectors or fire extinguishers.
- No pets are allowed in the buildings or on the property, with the exception of official guide or therapeutic dogs. Documentation of necessity must be produced upon inquiry.
- Firearms, fireworks, bows & arrows, air guns/BB guns or weapons of any type, or their use in hunting or any other activity are forbidden on the property or the surrounding properties.
- “Catch & Release” fishing is allowed on our pond. You must supply fishing gear.
- No motorcycles, trail bikes, ATV’s or similar vehicles are allowed off of the main roads.
- Help us conserve electricity and water. Turns off the lights when the room is not being used, and make sure faucets are turned off.
- Only the group leader/ counselor should handle adjustment of the heat thermostats.
- LFC operates with a septic system. Please do not flush anything in the toilets except toilet paper. All other items need to be placed in the trash cans.
- LFC staff must approve fires in the pavilion grills or fire pits first, and water and appropriate equipment must be nearby. Your group is responsible for ensuring any fire is completely out before leaving the area. Please do not break or cut down trees for firewood. If you are not making a charcoal fire, there is plenty of dead wood on the ground that you can use. Do not pull wood from existing stacks without permission.
- The natural environment is for everyone to enjoy. Please do not pick or cut any plants or trees. We also discourage approaching, calling to, touching or picking up any wildlife.
- Costs to repair/replace any damaged items, property, equipment or furniture will be charged to the organization.
- If a group uses the chapel kitchen, conference rooms, meeting rooms, or recreational areas, they need to be swept cleaned and returned to original condition.
Should an emergency occur, the group leader should call 911 and notify the LFC hospitality staff immediately in person or by calling 571.426.2791. Fire and rescue services are located close by in the town of Lucketts, and the emergency/hospital services are located only seven (7) miles away in the town of Leesburg.
**Bunk arrangement in lodges is subject to change. Please contact us for current arrangement.